Sunday, November 3, 2013

Heartbreak...sadness...frustration

Well, it is no secret that we are trying to get pregnant. There is nothing we want more in this world (well maybe to be independently wealthy!) than to be mommies. We recently had our second failed attempt. Devastating, heartbreaking, frustrating, stressful. I think what has made it more difficult is the fact that we have told our friends and families that we were going to try and get pregnant so when we see them and they ask how it is going, it's like opening old wounds and pouring lemon juice all over it. Sometimes I find myself thinking "what if kids are not in the plan?" And then the flood gates open. Trying to stay positive but am finding it increasingly difficult.

1 comment:

  1. Liz
    I've been thinking about you two and about how you were gonna start trying and I remember how hard it got as the months tick by and the period don't come and then, damn it! There it is... and the disappointment that came along with it. It took us 3 attempts and 4 months of trying to get Patrick to attach to my uterus. Have patience, and if I can give you any advice, try not to think about it. Have a drink, act like you don't care either way. Act like you are a hetero couple that's just having sex for pleasure and isn't even trying to get pregnant... I mean, the teenagers can get pregnant when they aren't even trying, right?!!! (That's what I used to think all the time. (c:)
    You know, for us, things started happening when we said a prayer after the insemmination. All we said was, "let God's will be done" and there it was. I'm not saying it'll happen for you two, I sure hope it does though. Two people more meant to mother at least one child, I'd pick you two.
    Love you two.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete